Industry Interaction Objectives
Industry interaction is an essential ingredient in management education. It will help to develop necessary rapport between industry and management institutions to understand mutual requirements and help each other in a win-win situation. Keeping this in view the Department of Business Management has initiated industry interaction programme for MBA students on every Saturday. As a part of this programme eminent executives, entrepreneurs, management consultants, innovators, trainers and successful personalities will be invited to the College to spend 3 to 5 hours of time with the students and faculty. During this meet these personalities will present their views on varied subjects like industry trends, challenges, contemporary issues, career opportunities, employability skills, recruitment opportunities, soft skills and subject related topics. The programme will be interactive in nature. The students will be encouraged to interact with the resource persons and clarify their doubts.
The main objectives of the programme are:
- To develop rapport between industry and MBA students
- To update knowledge about latest trends in industry
- To explore the opportunity of building up tie-ups and partnerships with the industry in the areas of recruitment, trainee, research, consultancy etc….
- To groom the students in soft skills, technical skills, HR skills as per the requirement of industry.
- To seek guidance from the executives in the development of MBA programme
- To understand corporate expectations from MBA students for recruitment in various positions
The programme started on Sep 18th 2012 with the initiative taken by Sri. Ch. Devender Reddy, Secretary & Correspondent, VDPGC, Sri. P. Chandrakanth Sharma, Management Consultant, Prof G. Narsimha Murthy, Director MBA Programme & Faculty.. Dr. Mahender Kumar, Head Dept of Commerce and Sr. G . Pushkala – Placement Coordinator are actively engaged in co-ordinating the programme.